Unanswered: How to test for an Ole Class?

Hi Folks,

I've an OLE field (embedded) in one of my tables. I've set it up on a form where if you double click on the field, a template word document is inserted into that field, and the word template then opens for the user to fill.

What I need to do is test the OLE field to see if it already has an existing word document inserted. If it has then I don't want to insert the template, I just want it to open the existing embedded word document.

I've tried testing for the class, such as:

If Course_Desc_Text.class = "word.document"
    But that doesn't work. If tried test the value of the OLE object and noticed that if an OLE object is present the value is similiar to something like "|¬", but I can't seem to use this and get it work.

Anyone know I can test the class of an OLE object or even (better) to test if any OLE object is present in the field?

Using Office 2002

Thanks in Advance

The Bottom of The Barrel
    Provided Answers: 1
    Check for null.
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

Thanks for the reply Teddy. I should have stated that I had already checked for null. It didn't work. You get an "Object required" error.

I've sorted it now.

I did it by testing for OLEType. I noticed if there was an object, this value is 1, if there isn't the value is 3. So it was easy after that.