Unanswered: Storing a passed value

Hello all. I admit I did some minor browsing and searching but couldnt find the answer to my question. I have two tables; tblDate and tblIncident. They are linked by the field Date. I than have two forms based on the tables. The one form; frmDate asks the user to input a date. Below that is a command box that opens a new form; frmIncident. I have been able to get the data to pass through to fill in the incident date. I than fill out the rest of the info required and move onto the next record. But it does not save the date; which was passed from frmDate. How can I get this information to save?

Provided Answers: 1
    You may want to start with a more robust backend...

I'm assuming you have a need to group incidents by date at some point, otherwise I don't understand what tblDate's purpose is. If so, simply put a date field in tblIncident. You can group incidents by date and pull reports based on that information at a later time...
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

I do have a field called date in tblIncident. I cant seem to get the date value to save. It gets passed through fine; but will not save. Everything saves; but the date.

What I am trying to accomplish is this

You put the date in once; click the Incident Log button; which opens a new window where you will put in all the ambulance responses for the day. I want the date that was entered above to transfer to the new form and save in tblIncident. It passes through; but does not save.

What I want to accomplish is to be able to run a report based on a query that I can pull all the responses at the end of the day and print them out. But I need to be able to go back and edit any of the days as well; due to entering responses that we got covered on or if the call goes out before midnight and we dont get back till after midnight.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy
    You may want to start with a more robust backend...

I'm assuming you have a need to group incidents by date at some point, otherwise I don't understand what tblDate's purpose is. If so, simply put a date field in tblIncident. You can group incidents by date and pull reports based on that information at a later time...

Provided Answers: 1
    What is tblDate's purpose again?
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy
    What is tblDate's purpose again?
    tblDate holds one value, the date, but is linked to many different tables. Such as incident responses, chores completed, exposures, notes for the day. I want them to be able to enter a day in this one form; than there are buttons that open different forms / reports so they can fill out all the info for what they did that day / the supervisor can input the day and get reports for that entire day.