Angry Unanswered: changing record source programmatically

I have an access form (Form A) with 2 command buttons on it. Button1 and Button2

Click Button1 and a second form (formB) opens. FormB also has a subform(SubFormB), which also has a sub form on it (SubSubformB). The record source for FormB is a table (Borrowers), and is linked to the child form (subformB) by fields phone1 and surname.

This is working ok.

Click Button2 and a third form (formC) opens. FormC also has a subform(SubFormB), which also has a sub form on it (SubSubformB as above, the same form). The record source for FormC is a query (AddNewwindow), and is linked to the child form (subformB) by fields phone1 and surname. The criteria field in the query picks up on a field on form A, and shows in the query as forms!FormA.quotenumber

This also working well.

What I want to do is to be able to click either Button1 or Button2, and accordingly change the record source.

I have attempted to code this with no luck. If I change the record source in the properties box for FormB ( and get rid of formC completely which is what I want to do) it works well. That is if I change the record source to either the table OR the query it does what I want. I have attempted a variety of syntax, all to no avail.

I have concentrated on coding on the Button2 click action.

Help would be appreciated.

Put this behind your button

Code:
    Me.RecordSource = "YourTablesName" ( or Query name)
    Simple as that.
    Regards,

John A

the me. refers to the currently opened form. The currently opened form has the button on it, but the record source refers to the form to be opened.

I have tried such things as:

stform = "formname"
    stcriteria = me.fieldname

docmd.openform stform,,,stcriteria

etc.

Appreciate the thought. I may not have explained it clearly.

Have a look at the attached sample.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ansentry; 01-31-06 at 09:36.
    Regards,

John A

Sorry attached it twice I have removed the attachment from here
    Last edited by ansentry; 01-31-06 at 09:34.
    Regards,

John A

Cheers. Very neat response, and turned the grey matter. I ended up using openArgs, with select case to change recordsource.

many thanks

Cheers. Very neat response, and turned the grey matter. I ended up using openArgs, with select case to change recordsource.

many thanks

many thanks, Very neat sltn, turned the grey matter. i ended up using openargs with a select case on the FormB in the form onopen whereby the case allows selection of recordsource. Still not working 100% but now probs getting subforms working correctly, hopefully nothing major.

cheers