Unanswered: newly added field does not show up in "Control Source"

I built a database that works fine but now I need to add a field to one of my tables. I added the field, saved the table changes. But......
    when I go to my form to add the new field....
    1- I add a "text" field from the "toolbox"
    2- right-click the added textbox field
    3- choose properties
    4- click "Control Source"
    and the new field I added to the table does not show up in the list.

p.s. all the existing fields from that table show up under the "control Source" list

Thanks for anyone's help

Provided Answers: 59
    Not to sure whats happening here
    -Are you using a query, rather than the table as the forms recordsource?
    -Failing that is it possible that your recordsource is pointing to another table or source of information.

On my copy of Office XP adding a new column to a table defintion, then opening the form for design automatcially brings in the new column, even if the form was open in design mode at the same time you made the changes.
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

did that

checked all tables and the table that I added the new field to was the only one that had the same fields as the form.
    Then I added the new field to every query just to be sure. Of course in the column on the query, it states that it was the name of the table where I added my new field to.
    Im at a loss.
    I think the form is a subform but my knowlege of subforms is null!

Provided Answers: 59
    - a subform is a form that has been inserted into another form. it could run happily as a standalone form or sub form.

I'd suggest you carefully cover the bases
    1) find what recordsource (query or table) you are using for the form.
    2) check that that recordsource or table has the new column you require in it, if its a query track back to its source (tabel or query and so on.
    assuming yuou have proved to yourself that the underlying recordsource has got the new column in open the form in design mode, drop in a new text box and attemtp to set the controls data source - it should be there.

if you are having problems consider doing a compact and repair first to tidy up the internal db structure and integrity
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton