Angry Unanswered: SQL Server 2000 - Reporting Services

We had someone leave work and he was responsible for the reports for our company. He used SQL 2000 w/ Reporting Services. The connection to the report server was tied to his userid and password. Since his account was disabled the website will not connect to the reporting database because it was tied to his account. Is there a way to reset the connection creditions? I looked on the server and I can't find the Reporting Services Admin Tool.

Thanks..

The only way that I have found to re-set the reporting services is to uninstall RS, go in and re-install. To do this completely and properly though, you would need to re-import your reports into reporting services.

To remove reporting services, after the uninstall, go into admin tools, componet services, drill down under computers, my computers, com+applications, and in here you will have 2 entries for reporting services. Delete these both (you will have to do properties, advanced, uncheck the disable deletion), and also delete the reporting server databases out of Enterprise Administrator.

I have never had the change reporting services password work properly. When you re-install reporting services, use the system account for login, and once done importing your reports, go into the IIS manager, under the default website, and do a properties on reportserver, click Directory Security, under Annonymous access click edit, check out the anonymous access. This will grant ppl with network access or people authenticated via a web server access without logging on. It also places reporting services into an "Application Mode" so you will need to uncheck this if you desire to make any changes.

Hope this helps, kinda quick and dirty,
    Sym

Reporting Services

I found the solution. It ended up having to go into the services and starting up the sql server service in a different name since the other account was locked out. Thanks for the reply.

Ohh so it was not installed under that user id (within RS setup). Glad to hear as that would have been a long ordeal as you could tell (have repaired many installations of RS).