Unanswered: How I retrieve Table names and struture of table????

Hello,
    Please some one tell me query which can retrieve tables name and struture of tables in microsoft access.
    I want to develop an application in vb.net and getting tables and their attributes throug query, but I don't know which query will give me these information.
    Last edited by mahmoodsultan; 02-02-06 at 01:49.

Hi

No queries will get you this info.

You could loop through the table collections for the table names and then the field collections of each table for the structure. You could do this using ADO or ADOX. I would imagine you can do something like this in ADO.NET.

You can only get the table names (not their structure) using Access tables - MsysObjects specifically. So - this is probably more an ADO.NET question than an Access one

HTH
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

Quote Originally Posted by pootle flump
    Hi

No queries will get you this info.

You could loop through the table collections for the table names and then the field collections of each table for the structure. You could do this using ADO or ADOX. I would imagine you can do something like this in ADO.NET.

You can only get the table names (not their structure) using Access tables - MsysObjects specifically. So - this is probably more an ADO.NET question than an Access one

HTH
    thanks for reply.
    I try it.

Provided Answers: 1
    Personally I would select DAO as my weapon of choice for this particular requirement...
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***