Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6

    Unanswered: Windows keep "restoring" themselves

    I have an odd situation. My database starts with a pop-up menu (pop up=yes, border style=diaglog) and then uses command buttons to jump to various forms. Each form when closed, goes back to the main menu. I have set the "maximize" property using several different methods (macro on open, docmd.maximze, etc) and it works the first time I jump to a form. But when I go back to the main menu and jump to another form (or the same one), it maximizes and then restores down to a smaller size. I cannot figure out what is causing this.

    Any ideas?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,487
    Ohhh...just for the heck of it, try this:

    Place this as the first line in the OnOpen event of the form you are opening from your PopUp form:

    DoCmd.Maximize

    Also, me the AutoResize Property is set to No for the form(s) you are opening.

    Try that....if that doesn't help then consider this:

    When you open your Form from the popup form, close the popup form (since it's not in use anyway), something like this:

    DoCmd.OpenForm "myFormName"
    DoCmd.Close acForm, "myPopUpFormName"

    Then when you are finished with the Form you just opened, close the Form and when it does, open the PopUp Form again...put something like this into the Unload event for the Form you are opening:

    DoCmd.OpenForm "myPopUpFormName"


    .
    Environment:
    Self Taught In ALL Environments.....And It Shows!


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6
    Thanks for the reply. That is pretty much how I had it set up to begin with, but I went back and followed your suggestion, but it did not fix the problem. After the first form opens correctly, every one opened after that appears to maximize correctly, but then immediately restores. I just seem to start this out of the blue. I can't figure out what I changed that caused it.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6
    I figured it out. I had a renegade Restore command in a macro I was using. Don't remember putting it there, but that was the culprit.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •