Unanswered: Displaying data that doesn't exist

Hi

I am a teacher and have made a database to record my students' progress. It works well. I enter assessment for each student linked to a strand of a subject. For example, a reading test is related to the strand 'Reading' in the subject English. A writing assessment is related to the strand 'Writing' in the subject English. All works. The database adds the scores for each strand and each subject. However...

What if I forget to have a reading assessment. I know that sounds a bit silly but...

Then there is no data for the students in the reading strand, and consequently, no reading strand result in the English subject. Reading doesn't appear.

You might say so what. It will still add up the results that are there. True. But I want to actually see in the LISTBOX for English that Reading is there and has a value of zero.

I have constructed a Query where I can display ALL STrands and only those that are equal with the assessment results. However, this is unsatisfactory as it is not related to a studentID.

Any ideas.

Thanks

Leonard

Provided Answers: 1
    It's hard to give a definitive answer without knowing a bit more about the structure of your tables in queries. However, you may benefit from looking into the nz() function...
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***