Unanswered: Keeping forms in size

The main form of one of my dadtabases does a docmd.maximize on startup, which is by request.

This, however, has the nasty drawback, that any form opened from within this database, also gets maximized.

What the users want is that the main remains maximized, while the smaller forms (usually only one or two textboxes to edit detail stuff) are kept small "hovering" over the main form.

The only way I can do something similar is by adding docmd.maximize / dcomd.minimize on form open/close, which is a fuzz when you have 200 small forms. Is there any standard way to "keep original size" of a form?

Thanks for any help,

Trin
    IT squid: networks, servers, firewalls, routers and I dabble a little with SQL-server and Access as well....

I had a similar problem, but I got round it by 'sizing' and positioning my main form. Have a look at the MoveSize command. I have done away with maximize and minimize altogether.

hmmm. this doesn't happen to me!

all my apps have been built the way they are built for so long that i really don't remember what is the crucial step.

my own apps live in an Access window with only my own menu and no toolbars. a mother form maximises on load. most of the action happens in subforms within the mother, but i also use utility forms that float above.

maybe setting your floating forms popup and/or modal (mine are both) will do the trick???

izy
    currently using SS 2008R2

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Trinsan
    The main form of one of my dadtabases does a docmd.maximize on startup, which is by request.

This, however, has the nasty drawback, that any form opened from within this database, also gets maximized.

What the users want is that the main remains maximized, while the smaller forms (usually only one or two textboxes to edit detail stuff) are kept small "hovering" over the main form.

The only way I can do something similar is by adding docmd.maximize / dcomd.minimize on form open/close, which is a fuzz when you have 200 small forms. Is there any standard way to "keep original size" of a form?

Thanks for any help,

Trin
    Hi Trinsan,

I have a MainForm that opens and then I click on CommandButtons to open up other forms. My other forms stay the size they were when I created them and have in the properties of the form:
    Auto Resize = No
    Auto Center = Yes
    That seems to help. Although on many others, I just have the Default set in them and they just tend to work. No need to set it inside any events. That's about if for me.

have a nice one,
    BUD

The ismodal / ispopup is definitely the way to go... yay..looks awesome now.

Thanks a bunch!

/Trin
    IT squid: networks, servers, firewalls, routers and I dabble a little with SQL-server and Access as well....