Unanswered: blanking out a prompt on a report????

OK this forum did such a good job of answering my question eariler today I thought I'd ask another question.

I have a report that has a detail section that is going to print 3 lines. Currently I have the Prompt (or label) for this in the Header section above it.
    Like this.

Item Colors:
    Red
    Green
    Blue

That's OK but it would look lots better if I could show the Prompt on the first line with the first color and then suppress it on subsequent lines like this:

Item Colors: Red
    Green
    Blue

Can someone point me in the right direction for doing this?
    Thanks

Provided Answers: 59
    offhand the best way to handle this could be to create a text box in the report and assign the data as follows

Code:
    ="Item Colours:" & [redcomponent] & vbcrlf & [greencomponent] & vbcrlf & [bluecomponent] & vbcrlf
    if you had separated your colours in the tables

alternatively, if you have stroed the 3 component colours in one column / table variable.
    Code:
    ="Item Colours:" & [<mycolumn>]
    mind you you could just cheat and delete the label for the other 2 controls, its hard to say without seeing more detail of what it is you are trying to do in terms of data manipulation.
    HTH
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

I must not be doing something right. I can't get that to work. The report is working off of a table that has three rows in it. All of the other data fields that print on the report are either in the Header or Footer section of the report. And they print only once just fine. The color field is sitting in the detail section and it will repeat automatically for me to list the three colors. But if I put the label for that field in the detail section the label repeats on each row. Is there a way to know that the first one has printed and then set the Visiable Property to NO?

Provided Answers: 1
    You could create a section footer and write code in the onformat event of that section to determine whether or not you are dealing with the first row by tracking an internal variable, you could reset the variable to zero in a section footer.
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

OK that sounds good. I think that is more in line with what I was thinking needed to be done. Do you have an example set of code that does this? I'm new at this sort of thing and while I follow what you are saying, coding it is a different story completely.