Unanswered: Starting Access app in a small window

We have a small Access database developed by a 3rd party (it's an mde file) which when opened starts in a small window rather than within Access's own full size window. The Access window is nowhere to be seen. How is this done?

- sorry about the double post, but the forum reported an error when posting the 1st time.

Quote Originally Posted by bcass
    We have a small Access database developed by a 3rd party (it's an mde file) which when opened starts in a small window rather than within Access's own full size window. The Access window is nowhere to be seen. How is this done?
    Hi

Do you have a screen shot? I imagine it is Accesses window just dressed up to look like it isn't.

you can piddle about with the Access app with API (e.g. http://www.peterssoftware.com/winmanip.htm). They might have created their own menus or removed all menus to change the look too.

Any of several things really....
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

It's just a normal window, the only icon present is the close button. I know how to create Popup and Modal forms, and how to hide all the icons/menus, but I don't know how to make an Access app startup as a modal/popup, but no main Access window behind it. The popup form in question is not the full size of the screen, so when you load this database, you can see the desktop behind it, rather than the Access screen.

Ah, I can see from WinMan that it's just a case of hiding the database window and restoring the active window. Thanks for the link.