How to uninstall Oracle 10g?

I want to uninstall Oracle 10g. Where do I get the Oracle Universal Uninstaller?

It is installed on your computer during setup. On Windows, it is in Oracle\Oracle Installation Products folder in All programs menu.

Cool

PS: The Oracle Universal Installer checks which products are installed and also uninstalls.

The person who says it can't be done should not interrupt the person doing it. -- Chinese proverb

sorry...

Sorry, I still can't find it.

Yes, it is Windows XP. Is the uninstaller under C:\oracle or under C:\Program Files\Oracle?

What's the file name? I can run a search for it.

Thank you.

If you are going to search the whole disk, you might get TOO-MANY-ROWS as the filename is 'setup.exe' (did you expect something else?).

Depending on folder name, Universal Installer (which, as LKBrwn DBA already told you, also UNinstalls the product) can be found in such a place:

C:\OraHome10gDS\oui\bin\setup.exe

Or, choose something like this:

Start - All Programs - Oracle 10g DS - Oracle Installation Products - Universal Installer.

P.S. Oh, yes - I forgot to mention: sometimes you'll get rid of Oracle performing FORMAT C: /U, but that should be your last option.

Wink

Great! I got it. Thanks!

The OUI installer is advisable by executing dbca from the prompt the delete the appropriate db
    Last edited by obamalik; 10-28-09 at 09:46.

shut down database . listener . every thing about oracle .. shut it down .

run the universal uninstaller and de-install product . ( by removing oracle home) .
    after it finish , go to properties of MY COMPUTER . and remove oracle home and oracle sid from ENVIRONMENTAL VARIABLES.

after that run REGEDIT. remove oracle entries . except for Microsoft driver for oracle.
    Uninstalling Oracle 10g Manually from Windows XP Krishnamoorthy’s Blog

restart and delete the folder in i.e . c:\program files\oracle
    and the oracle home folder where you have installed it .

OR GOOOOGLE IT .