Thread: Cannot delete remote server
02-09-06, 12:54 #1Registered User
- Join Date
- Mar 2002
Unanswered: Cannot delete remote server
Trying to delete remote server 'DVA'
- When I go to delete the 'DVA' from the list of remote servers I get
- Error 15190: There are still remote logins for the server 'DVA'
I execute the following statement to list remote logins
- execute sp_helpRemoteLogin
the output returns
SERVER | LOCAL | REMOTE | OPTIONS
T1 | Distributor_admin | distributor_admin | trusted
T1 | Distributor_admin | sa | trusted
Fair enough I go to delete those remote logins using
- execute sp_dropremotelogin 'DVA' ,'distributor_admin', 'distributor_admin'
- execute sp_dropremotelogin 'DVA' ,'distributor_admin', 'sa'
but.. get the following error messages
There is no remote user 'Distributor_admin' and 'sa' mapped to the local user 'distributor_admin' from the remote server 'DVA'
Don't understand why it is not finding those logins and how to resolve?
02-09-06, 15:46 #29th inning DBA
- Join Date
- Jan 2004
- In a large office with bad lighting
It almost sounds like a publication is still active on the server. Is that true.
Can you drop the publication(s) and then check to sede if the remote server is still listed?
-- This is all just a Figment of my Imagination --