[ODBC Access SQL Server Driver]Timeout expired (#0)

I have an Access 2003 db with linked tables to views on SQL Server 2000. When I try to run a query with a date range of more then 1 day, I get the following error: "[ODBC Access SQL Server Driver]Timeout expired (#0)". I have altered my DSN Long Run time on the fourth page to 99999 and 0 ms and I still get the error after 60 sec... If I build the date range slowly, I can usually only see the error once or twice, but if I go for broke and list a year date range, I can never seem to get past the error. I have had my dba follow the log on to SQL Server and it appears the query continues to run even though Access has stopped. I am using Access as a Client Adhoc Query tool againest SQL Server.

The os is XP Pro.

This problem is un-acceptable to the user, can anyone suggest a solution?

Timeout

This may not solve your problem but in an MSAccess query, if you view the properties of the query, you can set the ODBC timeout to 0.
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)

In tools/options/?

Timeout

In the query design view, double-click somewhere on a blank area in the top part (where the tables are), or right click on a blank area in the top (if you right-click on a table and select properties, you'll see the properties of the table but once you click on a blank area in the top, you'll see the query properties). Look for the line ODBC Timeout.
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)