Unanswered: Auto-scroll on tab sequence down

This problem is somewhat insignificant but non the less annoying. I have some forms that scroll down as the tab sequence moves down the page, and I have other forms where this does not happen, i.e. the user needs to manually move the scroll bar to see the field that currently has focus. It seems as though the forms where the form scrolls down as the tab sequence moves down the page are straightforward forms, where the ones that do not auto-scroll are form/sub-forms. All of the Form properties are equal on both the forms and form/sub-forms. Any thoughts as to what is causing this and/or how to fix it? Fix it being defined as making the form/sub-forms scroll automatically as the tab sequence moves down the page.

Thanks...

Larry

Tab sequence is Access is sometimes problematic, especially if the tab number is not physically sequencial on your form. If you have a default form, it might have all the control Tab Stop proterties set to no.

Sometime focus is transferred to a control which is above or below the area currently displayed in a window and the the mere position in the window obscures the control having focus. when an event is used to transfer focus, as opposed to a tab or enter, I move focus past the target control and then back to it. This way there's always visible form space below a control.

A2K and above has conditional formatting. I use that the set the backcolor of the control having focus to VBGreen; for checkboxes and radio buttons, I set the control's label backcolor to vbGreen. This way it's abundantly clear which control has focus when there are many controls on a form.

Thanks llkhoutx. So if I understand you right, there is really no way to overcome this? I have also noticed that it seems when the user clicks in a contol in the middle of a tab sequence it seems to throw off the intended tab sequence. Also I do change the background color for the control having focus but that does not releive the user from having to manually scroll the screen.

Larry

Just give a lot of attention to Tab Sequence prior to putting a form into production.

I have also noticed that it seems when the user clicks in a contol in the middle of a tab sequence it seems to throw off the intended tab sequence.
    That shouldn't happen, something else is going on; orobably a triggered event.

I have found that the Tab Sequence gets is jumbled as a result of inserting a control long after a form initiallly built because the tab sequence for that new control is not set to the proper value. Setting a control Tab Number to an already existing Tab Number will increment all Tab Number of equal or higher value.