Unanswered: High CPU on DB2 production servers

We are having db2 server in production. Most of the times it is showing the CPU is 100%. How can I find who is cause for this high cpu Is it related to application or db2 instance or space.

Are there any monitors or utilites avialble for db2 to find out the culprit of the high cpu.

Shri
    p.srinivasarao

Quote Originally Posted by palchuri
    We are having db2 server in production. Most of the times it is showing the CPU is 100%. How can I find who is cause for this high cpu Is it related to application or db2 instance or space.

Are there any monitors or utilites avialble for db2 to find out the culprit of the high cpu.

Shri
    Hi Dear,

TO know the CPU usage by different processes: please run the following..

prstat -a

But make it sure first that prstat is installed and given proper privilege to the user by the System Admin.

Thanks,
    Jay (Delhi NCR), India

Shri
    What OS? What version of DB2?
    --
    Jonathan Petruk
    DB2 Database Consultant

use topas command

Shri

Use 'topas' it will give full details.