Unanswered: Combo Box NotInList Function Problem

Hi everyone,

Here is what I want to do:

I am creating a scheduling database for my department. They want to schedule certain events and assign people to them. The names of those people are in a seperate table. The main form has a combo box which calls a query and takes out the names of those people from that table. They can also type in a name and whenever the name is not in the records a pop-up form comes up to enter the information related to that name. Whenever, they hit Save/Exit button I want the pop-up form to close down and the name to be contained in the combo box. Unfortunatelly, whenever I envoke a Me.cmbName.Requery in either cmbName_NotInList or in the pop-up form's Save/Exit button event an error comes up asking me to save the current record before requerying. However, I do not want to save becuase I want to give the scheduler the option to cancel out of the form and not save the record.

Any ideas on this one?

thank you

a.

Please delete this one. I double-posted by mistake.

Provided Answers: 59
    already done....
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Quote Originally Posted by healdem
    already done....
    Already done? Before he had even asked? By hecky thump - that's service for you.

I believe that you don't need to to force the requery. Set Response to acDateErrAdded and Access will handle the requery for you.
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

Thanks pootle flump.

I will try that. In the mean time I found another solution:

I added Me.cmbName.Undo before opening the pop-up form and requerying the combo.

a.

Quote Originally Posted by astrosapiens
    I added Me.cmbName.Undo before opening the pop-up form and requerying the combo.
    Hmm - you know - you might just have solved a problem I was wrestling with re an unbound not in list combo problem.....
    Maybe... just maybe it will work....
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.