Unanswered: VBA for XP versus VB6

I have programmed for many years using VB6. I am in a work situation now where I have to use VBA in Access. My questions is about the differences between the two projects. It seems like there is much in common between the two. One difference is that VBA does not seemed to be compiled in that you cannot create a .EXE. In addition, it does not seem that VBA allows you to create DLL's. Are these the two main differences between the two.

Any comments would be helpful in that I am trying to create a VBA project and I want to use some Object Orientated features here.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by budha65
    I have programmed for many years using VB6. I am in a work situation now where I have to use VBA in Access. My questions is about the differences between the two projects. It seems like there is much in common between the two. One difference is that VBA does not seemed to be compiled in that you cannot create a .EXE. In addition, it does not seem that VBA allows you to create DLL's. Are these the two main differences between the two.

Any comments would be helpful in that I am trying to create a VBA project and I want to use some Object Orientated features here.
    Hi Buddha

You might be getting a wee bit confused. VB 6.0 is a RAD development environment not a language. VB 6.0 and Access share the same core VB language (VBA). Creating EXEs and DLLs is a feature of VB 6.0 not VBA. This feature is not available in Access.

You can, of course, create DLLs and EXEs in VB 6.0 and refer to them through your Access application. The closest Access will allow to this is tro create your classes in an Access file, create an MDE (optional) and set a reference to this (by browsing to the actual file) for your project. There is no installation and there is no information stored within the registry. I think that code referenced this way is handled in process.

HTH
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.