Unanswered: Sending emails to a database

I'm new to programming and to databases so apologies if this sounds like a stupid question.

I have a html page with a simple javascript function that uses the href mailto tag to send an email to a normal email address. I was wondering if it would be posssible to send the email directly to an SQL Server database, without having to pass through an intermediate parsing app. It would mean assigning an email address to the database. Is this possible with SQL Server? I know there would still be problems with parsing the email content to the appropriate fields, but would the sending of the email to the database in itself be possible?

I haven't much experience using databases and I don't currently have access to the SQL Server Express database that will be used to store the email content, so I'm not sure how difficult an operation this would be. I've looked on the internet but I haven't been able to find anything. I was hoping someone here might have done something similar, either with SQL Server or with any other database.

Thanks in advance.

Provided Answers: 54
    You can use SQL Agent Mail, but the ability to receive mail isn't going to be supported in the long term. It is a significant security risk.

-PatP

You could use a nice piece of software called Email2db, http://www.email-2-db.com/