Question Unanswered: Can a java have two main classes

Hello,all
    I want to ask about my java program can I use a java class " main class " and create a "GUI "another java class with a main class too, that when we run it we got an interface page . This interface has an " Enter " button that leads to the next main class.

Is this possible in java and if not how can I create a GUI interface to my main class ?
    Last edited by Eng_Girl; 02-15-06 at 07:53.

Hi,
    You can create two different main class (one for GUI and another for your processing logic or any), for the second main class you can create a jar file. Now from the first main class after clicking the button it should route to the second main class, now this is possible. You can create a process object in first main class(gui) and using this process object you can fire a exec statement for the jar file created for the second main class.

GUI -> process obj -> exec -> jar(second main class)

let me know if any other information is required.

Nouman Memon
    Patni Computers

Thanks for your reply I guess I should write the code for further explanation,
    I already make a jar file for my 2nd main class "CAR2006",but how can I fire an action listener that will take me to it, One more thing I created a password for this window, but it didn't work can you plz check this code for me ?

import CAR2006.CAR2006;

public class GUI extends JFrame {

private JButton Enter = new JButton ("Enter") ;
    private JPasswordField textField1;

public GUI (){

super("Graphical User Interface ");

Container c = getContentPane();
    c.setLayout(new FlowLayout());

c.add(Enter);

textField1 = new JPasswordField("",5);

c.add(textField1);

Enter.addActionListener (new ActionListener() {
    public void actionPerformed(ActionEvent e) {

char[] pass= textField1.getPassword();
    char[] passMatch={'1','2','3','4'};
    if(pass==passMatch)
    new CAR2006();

}
    });

setSize(550, 470);
    setVisible(true);

}

public static void main(String[] args) {
    GUI G =new GUI();

}

}

Class

Quote Originally Posted by Eng_Girl
    Hello,all
    I want to ask about my java program can I use a java class " main class " and create a "GUI "another java class with a main class too, that when we run it we got an interface page . This interface has an " Enter " button that leads to the next main class.

Is this possible in java and if not how can I create a GUI interface to my main class ?
    There is no problem with this but do not give at two files on the same folder the same name.
    dimis