Unanswered: Slow form update

Hi,
    I have a form linked to a query. The query is looking at a table and works just fine.
    The form seems very slow to show updated data on the query. Is there a way of forcing the query to run from the form on open?

Cheers

I presume that you mean that the form is bound to the query.

A query as a form "Record source" is run when the form opens.

What makes you think that it isn't?

Yes, the form is bound to the query.
    Sometimes the data is there immediately after an udate sometimes it takes a while, maybe 15 minutes.
    Seems pretty odd to me. The query is run when the form is opened, if the updated data is not there I obviously check the query itself which shows the data.
    Don't know what is going on!

15 minutes is way too long.

How many tables are in your query? How many records are in ech table. 50,000 plus records in an Access or non SQL Server/Oracle ODBC BE will eat you alive. Especially in a multiple table query.

Is your DB split in a FE & BE? What kind of BE are you using and where is it physically located? where is the FE located?

I had a FE in Houston and a mdb BE in New Orleans. It was glacially slow because of the transmission time.

Something's not right.

May you have code that caught in a loop.

Run the Debugger on the form's OnOpen event and see where and if your code is hanging or caught in a loop.