Unanswered: Query slow on Client, fast on Server

I have a very unusual situation - we converted a client from DB2 7.2 to MS SQL Server 2000, SP3. There is one report that runs very quickly when ran on the Database Server, but it takes a long time to complete when it is ran from a client system. This query is ran from within the application and not from within Query Analyzer.

Has anyone else here ever encountered this issue? What did it turn out to be? I am leaning away from it being a network issue.

Thanks in advance.

Provided Answers: 54
    I'd start here. Give us more to work with, and you'll get far better answers!

-PatP

Provided Answers: 6
    network issues? have you run it in the QA from somewhere other than the DB server? what reporting tool are you using? a few years ago with crystal 7 stand alone reports I had issues like this. Are you using stored procedures?
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.