Unanswered: Pinting current view

Hi All,

I am trying to print from a current view. I have a subform implemented in a TAB form. The TAB form has the client name, client ID, and a subform for case notes. I want to print the case notes for the client in current view. When I print now it prints all case notes for all of my clients. I just need it to print the case notes for the current client.

Provided Answers: 1
    Create a report that takes whatever your using to identify clients as a parameter.

google for "parameter reports" if you're not familiar with the concept.
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

Teddy,

when I do it that way. The report brings up the case notes for all of the clients. I just need it to print the case notes for the client in current view. If you dont mind taking the time an looking over the database. when you open it click on case notes. I need to print the subform and the name and client ID.

thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Did you try googling for "parameter report" as I suggested? If so, do you understand why a report might print every record instead of just one?

Teddy,

thanks for the assistance yesterday. got into the office and got right on it and found out how to print with paramteres. I have one more question. The parameter I am using is the Client ID. When I use the Client ID paramter I would like for it to automatically imput the client's name on the form as well. I have been playing around with the Expressions Builder and still have not came up with a solution. am I in the right direction? I really appreciate the help.

I would need to know more about your form. Are you talking about using a parameter form where the user selects a clientid or something? If that's the case, check out the "Find a record by selecting a value from a list" topic in the help text.