Unanswered: What is a user in ASP Application?

What is a user session in ASP Application? Is it related to the IP of the client machine? How do the IIS Server recogise a new user session? What does the user meant here? And how do the IIS recognise the end the sesion of a user? If I open two LOGIN.asp of the same ASP Application, Does that mean that I have open two user session? Please make me clear on dis?

if you set the IIS application to "windows authentification" you will get the login username for the windows network.
    session("windowLogin")=Request.ServerVariables("AU TH_USER")

otherwise the ip
    "Never underestimate a large number of morons"

Fine TD04.............. Now answer my one query........... Lets say i have opened two windows of th same ASP application on my client machine. According to ya, there will b only one session, common for both the windows? Now if dat is the case, then Can i use the same Session variable in both the windows. Lemme give ya n example.

Window 1:
    SomePage.asp----------Session("Test") = 1

Window 2:
    OtherPage.asp--------------- Response.write Session("Test")

Now My question is, What will be displayed on th OtherPage.asp (Window 2 and Window 1)........

yes use where you like, it should be the same in both pages.

That means if I use Session.Abandon() in some1.asp and request for the page from any of the windows having the same ASP Applpication, And then once executed the some1.asp, next time i request for any page of the ASP Application from any of the open windows, Will thr be a new Session created?

If you have the code that create the session variable in those pages also it will be created.
    sth like
    Code:
    session("mySession")=request.serverVariables.myFathersWallet

And what if i don have any session variable in those pages.....???

if you use abandon session thats what you will do, so you have to define it again in that case in the oter page I beleve.
    But if you don't, you will have the variable stored as a session variable, accessible from which other page you want (if you do not open those pages in a new internet explorer session).