Unanswered: there is no summary option button in report wizard

I tried to use report wizard to create a report first, I want to use the summary option button in the process, but I cannot find the summary option button.

Any one has ideas?

Thanks in advance

If you want to have summary field in report, then create textbox ant type in control source =sum(otherfield_in_detail_section)...

What do you mean " button in process"? You want to click some button in report to show you summary? Thats not possible i guess..

No, I mean in the report wizard, after the step Do you want to add any grouping levels?

Then next step is What sort ordet do you want for detail records? in this screen some times I saw a summary option. but sometimes I cannot see it?
    Thanks

No, I mean in the report wizard, after the step Do you want to add any grouping levels?

Then next step is What sort ordet do you want for detail records? in this screen some times I saw a summary option button. but sometimes I cannot see it?
    Thanks

once you have used the report wizard to create your report; the most effective eay i have found is to open the query behind the report and add field or expressions.

you can do this by scrolling down to the bottom of the report (footer section), right click and open the reports properties dialogue box, click the data tab, click on the button next to the dropdown box for record source.

this will open the query builder which you should find much easier to use for sorting, grouping and adding fields or expressions.

once you have saved the changes to the reports query you can then use the reports fields list tab when the report is in design view to add the new field to the report.

give it a try, hope it helps.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by xcao

Then next step is What sort ordet do you want for detail records? in this screen some times I saw a summary option button. but sometimes I cannot see it?
    Thanks
    Hi xcao,

You only get that part of the wizard if you choose a Grouping Level. So, when you see, "Do you want to add any grouping levels?", either DoubleClick a field at that time or Click a field then Click the > (arrow) to add it. When you click Next, you will then see the Summary Options you ask about.

have a nice day,
    BUD

thanks

Thank you. It's helpful

Quote Originally Posted by xcao

Then next step is What sort ordet do you want for detail records? in this screen some times I saw a summary option. but sometimes I cannot see it?
    Thanks
    xcao,
    That was the Report Wizard I was telling you about. I went and created one just for the purpose of telling you what it said and to get to what you wanted.

BUD

Sorry, I now figured out, what I want is not summary, it is to count a text field, so in my query there is no numbers, that's why in the report wizard there is no summary option. Now I know I have to add a text field in design view to count the text field.

Thanks all your help