Unanswered: override limit to list

hey does any one know if it is possible to override the limit to list property. I have a filtered combo box and I want to be able to still show past inputs even if they are not in the requeryed combo box

thanks again guys! your all little stars!

Hey Netherton,

Quote Originally Posted by netherton
    hey does any one know if it is possible to override the limit to list property. I have a filtered combo box and I want to be able to still show past inputs even if they are not in the requeryed combo box
    I think I may know what your asking. Limit To List only determines whether your going to let a user add a value to the combo box or make the user choose from the list the cboBox is providing. I think what your asking is, since the cboBox is filtered is there a way to unfilter it and show all values associated with the cboBox. I hope I'm right. If I am, what you would need to do is reset the cboBox Row Source, using the same SQL statement that populated it (filtered) except take away the filtered part of it (the WHERE statement)

HTH,
    Shane

Almost, but not quite!

Basically what I have is a subform on a form which details modules which a student has taken. A combo box on the main form allows me to choose which year group my students are in and then the combo on the subform allows me to to choose modules which are applicable to that particular year. My problem at the moment is if I have already entered the students module choices for year one when I go to select what they are doing in year two the year one modules blank out. I think this is due to choices in the subform combo differing depending on the year and as they are not in the re-generated list and i because not turn the limit to list off.

I think what you are suggesting would provide me with a full list of modules regardless of the year they are applicable to.