Unanswered: MS Access connections

Is there any limit on number of connections can be opened on MS Access database. If so then how many simultaneous connections can be opened.

Thanks
    Web2000

Provided Answers: 6
    If you search in Help on "specifications" you'll find the answer for your version of Access.
    Paul

I checked and it says 255 concurrent users. But through code I cannot open more than 64 connections.

Quote Originally Posted by Web2000
    I checked and it says 255 concurrent users. But through code I cannot open more than 64 connections.
    That may be a limit on your client, rather than the data file. Every connection, after all, requires client resources (memory/processing/bandwidth) to support it.

What the spec says and your practical limits are two entirely separate things.

At my work site, we use both Windows and Netware file servers, and I've had trouble with databases over 50 MB and 3 or so users getting corrupted databases fairly regularly. That's just the nature of a file-based database like Access. Also, networks that are subject to interruption or long delays (Wireless, anyone...) create an environment that is hazardous to Access databases.

Ref http://www.xtremevbtalk.com/showpost...5&postcount=12
    Last edited by loquin; 02-20-06 at 19:24.
    Lou
    使大吃一惊
    "Lisa, in this house, we obey the laws of thermodynamics!" - Homer Simpson
    "I have my standards. They may be low, but I have them!" - Bette Middler
    "It's a book about a Spanish guy named Manual. You should read it." - Dilbert

Thanks. I understand now.