Unanswered: Locking Problems

Hi,
    I have an Access back-end database in that two applications have access.One asp and one Access (front-end, only forms, queries and reports). The database sit on my computer.The problem is that when the asp needs to update a record and the same time the frond-end (the other application) is open asp can not update the record. The linked tables in front-end Access use the Network path (\\STATION115\...\database.mdb) to connect to the back-end database. The strange is that when I change the path of linked tables from Network path to local path (C:\\...\database.mdb, of course this can happen only in front-end that resides on my computer where the back-end is) the problem doesn't exist.What is going wrong?

Provided Answers: 1
    How are you connecting to the database? ADO, DAO? What arguments are you using to define recordlocking?
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

In ASP I use ADO (a SQL UPDATE command that is executed-command.execute-through the active connection) and in Access I use VBA with bound Forms.Look, even if I have a very simple unbound form with only one combo box that RowSource property has a SELECT statement from one table the problem still exist, the asp can not update. I don't know why the Access locks the table that is used to fill the combo given that the form is unbound and the combo box data is only for read. I repeat that the different behavior between Network and local path is very strange.Why Access in Network path is locked and not in local?
    Last edited by NonLinear; 02-22-06 at 05:21.