Unanswered: Creating a new report using an old one as a template

I have created a report that comes from a query in Access that I would like to modify. How can I do that, if possible? Basically the new report I need is the same as the old report I want to modify, but I need to select data from a different year in the query. Any ideas?

I have the following columns in the original report which I want to use as a template to create other reports. The data is about emissions to the air and I would always like to have the same layout.

2001 EGUs
    2001 NonEGUs
    2001 NonRoad
    2001 OnRoad
    2001 Stationary
    2001 Total
    2020 EGUs
    2020 NonEGUs
    2020 NonRoad
    2020 OnRoad
    2020 Stationary
    2020 Total
    Changes: Substraction of 2020-2001 Total Columns

As you can tell, I spent a lot of time trying to get all these columns to fit in a legal size paper. For that reason, I would like to use the same report to be able to print data now for different years. For example, now I want:

2001 EGUs
    2001 NonEGUs
    2001 NonRoad
    2001 OnRoad
    2001 Stationary
    2001 Total
    2015 EGUs
    2015 NonEGUs
    2015 NonRoad
    2015 OnRoad
    2015 Stationary
    2015 Total
    Changes: Substraction of 2015-2001 Total Columns

I get the data from different queries because:
    1. I have a big table with data for 1990, 2001, 2010, 2015 and 2020 for all the categories mentioned above (EGUs, NonEGUs, etc)
    2. I need to perform the totals column substraction.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

jesi123

Provided Answers: 1
    google around for "parameter reports" or "parameter queries" with regard to access. There's a solid wealth of tutorials on this particular topic, it should help you out a bunch.
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by jesi123
    I have created a report that comes from a query in Access that I would like to modify. How can I do that, if possible? Basically the new report I need is the same as the old report I want to modify, but I need to select data from a different year in the query. Any ideas?

I get the data from different queries because:
    1. I have a big table with data for 1990, 2001, 2010, 2015 and 2020 for all the categories mentioned above (EGUs, NonEGUs, etc)
    2. I need to perform the totals column substraction.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

jesi123
    Until I can look into it tomorrow, one workaround that I have used is kinda what you already stated. Simply make multiple copies of the Report, saving each with a different name, and basing it on a different Query as the Record Source. That is a bit tacky but will try to show you a better way using a separate form to enter your criteria for your query and have it feed it to the same Report. But it's late now and I'm heading to bed.

nite all
    BUD zzzzz