Unanswered: help with mail script

I would like some help sending an email with pictures from containers. I have a real estate database. Each house is a different record, and within the record there are containers for the pictures of the house. The container fields are labeled Photo 1, Photo 2 etc. However the photos themselves have somewhat ramdom file names! I would like to be able to run a script that sends an email containing Photo 1, Photo 2 etc. for the currently open record. Any help would be appreciated!

You will want to check out SMTPit Pro http://www.cnsplug-ins.com/products....t=SMTPit%20Pro

Daniel
    Harlow Technologies
    Custom FileMaker and Web Development
    http://www.harlowtech.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Ley
    I would like some help sending an email with pictures from containers. I have a real estate database. Each house is a different record, and within the record there are containers for the pictures of the house. The container fields are labeled Photo 1, Photo 2 etc. However the photos themselves have somewhat ramdom file names! I would like to be able to run a script that sends an email containing Photo 1, Photo 2 etc. for the currently open record. Any help would be appreciated!
    I may be oversimplifying what you're trying to do; but can't you just use the "Send Mail" script step and assign a calculated text field for the subject?

The calculated text field would be used to concatenate any text message you want to send (field1) and the contents of the container field (field2).

I've never actually tried this, so I can't make any representations about its workability; but I use "Send Mail" extensively. Also, are you using some 3rd party FMP email solution or are you using FMP to send mail to your default email program. The latter is what I do and is what I was assuming you were doing.

If you're using some third-party FMP Email solution, then they're the one's you need to ask.