GCC (C compiler) for windows

Hi,
    Where can I get a 'installable' setup.exe version of gcc compiler for Windows?

Thanks for any input

Sathyaram
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

I'd start at the gcc home page, although you might want to just "cut to the chase" and find a local mirror at the mirror reference page.

-PatP

Thanks Pat ..

I found it to be part of Cygwin installation.

Cheers
    Sathyaram
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

I have a similar problem, where I need a win32 c compiler. I visited the mirror reference site and could not tell what version is for unix, and what version is for windows. The reason I say that, the gcc files were compressed with the tar utility which is used in UNIX. Can anyone point me directly to a cygwin installation? Thanks in advance for your help.
    In other words, if I search for a gcc compiler for unix, and one for windows, I get lead to the same place. Help!
    Last edited by jondavid; 10-01-12 at 09:45.

There are two different Windows binaries ready to download and run at Installing GCC: Binaries - GNU Project - Free Software Foundation (FSF)

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

Thanks Pat. I guess what I didn't understand was that installing cygwin, creates a Linux shell on your pc, thus, tar files are decompressed, and cygwin is installed. Thanks for you help. I noticed all the unix fuctions stored in the cygwin/bin directory. Thanks so much for your time. -JonD.