Thread: help

Unanswered: help

hi all...im new to working on databases....and im trying to make one for my company to help with the running ov it...

a few years ago i got sent a demo ov a database that i think with a little work could do the trick..

ive tryed to get in contact with the firm that was making the program but there no longer running..

well to get to the point i cant do anyting with the demo ive got as got no permision to get into it...

is there any way i can get into to try to modify it to geting working for me

thanx danny

You could try this: Create a new blank DB and import everything over from the demo DB ...
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

help

Quote Originally Posted by M Owen
    You could try this: Create a new blank DB and import everything over from the demo DB ...

ive tryed that but it wont let me move all ov it over

Red face

Hi Danny

First of all, I assume you found out it's an Access db since you questioned this forum. If the extension of your db is MDE, I'll think your in deep shit as an MDE db cant be modified. However, tables and query in the MDE can be imported into a new db. You then need to reconstruct the functions in the application.

sincerely Vestigo

Quote Originally Posted by vestigo
    Hi Danny

First of all, I assume you found out it's an Access db since you questioned this forum. If the extension of your db is MDE, I'll think your in deep shit as an MDE db cant be modified. However, tables and query in the MDE can be imported into a new db. You then need to reconstruct the functions in the application.

sincerely Vestigo
    yep is a access db....as i said im verry new to working with databases so if the demo copy is not able to be changed i am in deep shit as i would not have a clue where to start

Quote Originally Posted by goonerdan
    ive tryed that but it wont let me move all ov it over
    What won't it import? Keep in mid, you'll probably have to make substantial changes anyway ... Import what you can and then go from there ...

Provided Answers: 1
    Do I understand correctly that you're trying to crack a demo sent to you by a consulting firm? If they had the slightest clue what they were doing, you have no chance. At least if it was one of MY demo's that you solicited and then tried to steal, it would end badly.
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

What won't it import? Keep in mid, you'll probably have to make substantial changes anyway ... Import what you can and then go from there ...

wont import reports and macros

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy
    Do I understand correctly that you're trying to crack a demo sent to you by a consulting firm? If they had the slightest clue what they were doing, you have no chance. At least if it was one of MY demo's that you solicited and then tried to steal, it would end badly.

ive tryed for months now to get hold ov the firm that made the program and im willing to pay for it....it was one ov my supplyers that was selling for the firm but they stoped selling it and they have no contact for them...but no joy so this is the last chance for me
    Last edited by goonerdan; 02-22-06 at 16:22.

wont import reports and macros

Make new ones ... Tailored to your needs

Make new ones ... Tailored to your needs

make it sound easy why dont ya......ive been playing round with it for the last 3 months and still aint got a clue wot im doing

think ill have to try to find a company to start over for me as its just to much for me to learn

thanx for all your help.......ill have a ring around for somone to sort a d/b for me.....

thanx danny

make it sound easy why dont ya......ive been playing round with it for the last 3 months and still aint got a clue wot im doing

think ill have to try to find a company to start over for me as its just to much for me to learn
    Actually it kinda is ... Couple things: TRY making a report with the Report Wizard ... Try looking at the NorthWind database ...

No one here knows your requirements. The kind of business ... The reports you need ... So, you can start there ... Try search this forum for tutoring and sample sites. I've seen them posted here before ... That might help you out.