Unanswered: Sybase Anywhere Transfer to New HDD

I have a Sysbase Anywhere DB and tables that works nicely on the Win98 platform it was designed on. However, I have been trying to get it to work on an XP platform with no success; I do not have a copy of the old Sybase that was used to develop the tables, so I downloaded the 30 day trial of SQL Anywhere Studio hoping that I could get the old database stuff to work with Win XP before deciding whether to purchase or go for a less costly PC based RDBMS such as FlieMaker Pro, Paradox, Access, etc.

When trying to access the DB, I get the following message: "Data source name not found and no default driver specified. Unable to connect: SLQSTATE=IM002."

So how do I get the downloaded program to work with the old data? Simplify everything as my last DB experience was with Paradox back in the early-mid 80's.

Thanks

You may be using the SQL Anywhere 5.5 on Win98. The connectivity library changed since then and the newer ones(they now call it ASA) are not compatible with SQL Any 5.5.

To connect, you either need the copy of the old software or the bridging libraries that used to ship with ASA 6.x

I was afraid of the incompatibility. Thanks for the prompt reply.

Frank