Question Unanswered: Migrating a DB from MS SQL to MySQL

I'm trying to use the MySQL Migration Toolkit to get a database out of SQL server and into MySQL.

My domain account has been granted access to the sql server in question and I can sucessfully create and test a normal ODBC connection.

When I try to use the toolkit I put in the server name and user / pass etc... and when I click on the button that would list the db's it gives me the error that the login failed.

I've tried user and password, domain\user, user@domain and variants thereof. Is this something that will work when my access is by my domain account? Is there some sort of special jdbc connect string I should be using?

Thanks much for any advice.

Baltimore, MD
    It's been a while since I've used the Migration ToolKit...but isn't there an option to use an existing ODBC connection? Or do you need the jdbc driver? Does it give you an error message or a stack trace?

Have you tried checking the mysql forums? Also, I'm pretty sure there are a few issues if you're migrating from Access or Oracle that are discussed in the toolkit help documentation. Maybe there's something tricky with MS SQL too?

I'll check out the other forums.

I looked for the option in there, but it seems the only option is the jdbc driver - and that driver seems unaware of windows account.

I'm going to also try to get a regular sql account created and try that.