Unanswered: Datafile reorganization

hello all,
    We are using oracle 8.1.5 on solaris.
    our datbase server memory utilization is unbalanced.like,

partition............availble..................use d
    /u01..............9000mb....................6%
    /u02..............9000mb....................96%
    /u03..............9000mb....................66%

/u02 occupied by only one datafile(x-file1) of tablespace x, all other files (say x-file2,x-file3,y-file1,z-file1) are pointing to /u03.

Is there any way I can distribute the memory resouces used by x-file1 between /u01 and /u02.

Thanks & Regards,
    Sridhar

Why???? /u01 and /u03 are not memory, they are disk volumes and it will cause NO degradation of performance to have the data files on different spindles unless /u03 are slower disks then /u01. Balancing of disk usage between two drives will make no difference.
    Bill
    You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.

I dont think he's worried about disk performance but rather free space on his disks. To utilise more of u01 add a datafile on u01 for tablespace x so that new data will likely go on u01.

Alternatively you could do a reorg (with downtime) and distribute your tablespaces and datafiles better.
    Alan

No downtime required at all, just create a new tablespace with two datafiles, one each partition (/u01 and /u02) and start moving segments from the tablespace with datafile x-file1 to this new tablespace.

I would normally agree with you, but how does he create a new tablespace with a datafile on /u02 with only 6% space left? If youve got enough disk space online reorg is fine using dbms_redefinition.

Alan