Unanswered: get source data from Pivot- excel 2003

I was sent a Pivot table, and I need to load the data that lies behind the pivot table into a SQL database. How do I access the source data?

Depends. Might be as simple as double-clicking in the grand total cell at the very bottom RHS, if there is one. Does that work?

there's no grand total. The table is grouped by weeks- so there are about 50 totals. I see when I click on one of the weeks that it does open a new sheet with the detail data that I need---but only for that week.

Can I add my own total?

Good idea. Right click within the pivot table and see if you have "table options". Then select "Grand Totals For Columns". Or similar. Back to the PT and double click on grand total. Might be all you need. Fingers crossed!

yeah - it did work! Sort-of... I was able to add the column total. However, when it was creating the detail, it hit the row limit because it gave me an error that "not all data was loaded"---maybe I can split it into several sections.

Thanks so much!!!

You're welcome.

Hope this makes sense. It might help with grouping on the weeks - to split the data into sub-groups of a manageable size. So the 50 weeks could be grouped into, say, 5 higher-level groups: and then do the double-click trick on each of the five goups.

Excel's row limit is 65,536. You can take it from Excel to Access to overcome Excels' limit.

Sounds like you're there. Cheers, Fazza