Unanswered: Heterogenous data

Hi All,
    Is there a possibility of querying SQL Server tables from Oracle Client? My Oracle Server is in a AIX machine.
    What are the steps involved in this? I did lot of google, but I could not find any solution to this. I am able to query Oracle Data from SQL Server but not viceversa.

Please help.

Thanks in advance

Dominican Republic
    I went recently through this and so will share my experience with you.

In my experience, it wasn't on AIX, but rather HP Tru64, but it should not be any difference unless you opt for another method. First thing I did was to read this guide throughoutly. Then, after making the steps mentioned there, I read this and this website, for hands on experience. I used the Easysoft ODBC-ODBC Bridge drivers and everything went through fine. If you have any problem setting it up, feel free to post it back here but make sure you read and make all the steps as described in the guide!

There's lots of options. If you have really deep pockets, you can use the Oracle Supplied SQL Server Transparent gateway. You can also use the Generic Connectivity to use an ODBC Driver to connect, which should be much less expensive.

You can Use a Bridge like Easysoft's, or an SQL Specific driver, and there are some other driver options. IF you are interested, try an Openlink Driver, and We will supply Tech support to help get you running.

Jay Grubb
    Technical Consultant
    OpenLink Software
    Product Weblogs:
    Universal Data Access & Virtual Database Technology Providers