Unanswered: tricky relationship

Hey guys,

got a little prob with securing time based mapping. i hav a definition of sum account mappings (from Account to SAccount) which change over time. there's a set of SAccounts per statement (can hav the same code in different statements). can be temporarily overridden too (tblStatMapTemp).

The point is i'd like to ensure that any SAccount which is mapped is existing in the tblStatAccounts. can't do that directly coz the second part of the key (Statement) is only available in tblStatMapHist.

Building referential integrity doesn't seem to be possible on queries. See rqrMappedStatAccounts which is givin a distinct list of all SAccounts per statement mapped by tblStatMapping.

anyone can help??

thanx
    D
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mapping.JPG  

Quote Originally Posted by bachatero
    Hey guys,

got a little prob with securing time based mapping. i hav a definition of sum account mappings (from Account to SAccount) which change over time. there's a set of SAccounts per statement (can hav the same code in different statements). can be temporarily overridden too (tblStatMapTemp).

The point is i'd like to ensure that any SAccount which is mapped is existing in the tblStatAccounts. can't do that directly coz the second part of the key (Statement) is only available in tblStatMapHist.

Building referential integrity doesn't seem to be possible on queries. See rqrMappedStatAccounts which is givin a distinct list of all SAccounts per statement mapped by tblStatMapping.

anyone can help??

thanx
    D
    UNLESS, your join type (which is 1->Many) is set to option 2 ... BUT, this can create orphan accounts with no matching statementID
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

thanks M Owen

the idea was to ensure somehow the data integrity .. means orphans shouldn't be possible coz the db should deny to write mappings to SAccounts which are not in the corresponding StatAccount List