Unanswered: does a view refresh itself when i reference it? (was "Question On Views")

guys, ive never worked with Views before so forgive me.
    i know how to create one, and that it creates a virtual table in memory, but i've got one small question.

if i create a view:

CREATE view dbo.myView
    select Distinct FirstName,LastName from SomeTable

When ever i reference that view, such as
    Select FirstName,LastName
    from myView
    where LastName like 'Jo%'

does that View Refresh itself??

in other words does it run each time i Reference it??? or is it static from when i created it.

Wouldnt it be easier just to use a #TempTable or some other Table thats used to hold a few values?

thanks for any help

Dont worry man ,view is not static .It always fetch records from base table.It is uptodate unless u r using index on views
    I love cursor,though I never use it.Cos' I dont want to misuse it.

One Flump in One Place
    You know - I've always thought that the definition of a view as something like a virtual table as very confusing. When I studied relational databases the chapter on views made an assumption that the reader would be very confused at what differentiated a view from a table and spent line after line emphasising the difference. "No " thought I "I can very well differentiate a view from a table - what the flip is the distinction between a view and a query?"

The way I tend to think of views (indexed views excluded) is that a view is best thought of as a persistent, optimised, stored query that can usually be treated in the same way that you would treat a table as far as viewing data is concerned. It is, however, just that - a view of the data. As such, it does not store any data itself. Every time you call it it views the data afresh.

pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

thank you guys so much. that's exactly the answer i was looking for.
    thanks again