Unanswered: Tracker that tracks time and date by clicking it in

Hi all,
    I have recently started working on a database that would allow me to keep track of the orders while they move around between different areas. I'm not sure if this has been done before, and although I have done some research, I havent had any luck so far. Let me explain what I am trying achieve to see if thats possible.

There are different areas an order has to go through, e.g. Dekit, Testing, Teardown, etc etc...Each person can only edit the data in his specific area. So when an order comes to Testing, I click on area1start, which shows me the time I start ed on it, and when its done, I click on Area1stop, which shows the time it left my area to go to the next area...this is kind of like an order tracker, and you should be able to see where an order is at any given time.
    My question is: Is there a way I can track where any given order is at any time?
    I am attaching my database so you can see what i have done so far i think i am on the right track however i ran into few glitches which would require some help.

I have set up a combo box in the sub form called order details. Whenever I choose the area and add the start and end time, it erases the previous entries after I close the form or go to new record. Why is that?
    How can I fix that?

Also, I was wondering: Instead of manually entering date and time, is there a way to make the date and time automatically appears when someone clicks on the field?

Lastly, how can I restrict access on the date and time, so that only the person in the corresponding area can make any changes in data, which will be visible to the other areas, but not accessible?

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

I have fixed your relationships & the linking of the main and subform (frmOrdersAdd & frmOrdersDetails)

This may get you started, as the way you had it nothing would work.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ansentry; 02-24-06 at 21:16.
    Regards,

John A

Thanks alot ansentry!
    IT works like a charm. I was wondering can i add a code to the start time and end time to where by simply left click of a mouse can add time and date. I have tried it by adding strings like =now() and it gives me todays date and time but it also adds date and time automatically which i dont want since start and end times are going to be different. i have alos tried using =time() and =date() and that doesnt even work.

Any suggestions on that??

Put his behind your ordersdetail form ( subform) . Don't use single click because if you select the controlby accident it will change the time, you could also lock the control once the data had been entered.

Start Time:
    Code:
    Private Sub StartTime_DblClick(Cancel As Integer)
    Me.StartTime = Time
    End Sub
    End Time:
    Code:
    Private Sub endtime_DblClick(Cancel As Integer)
    Me.EndTime = Time
    End Sub
    Regards,

John A

Thanks alot Ansentry,
    It works fine, is there a way i can see date as well as time?

Thanks

Use Now () in lieu of Time().
    Also change your tables format for the fields StartTime & EndTime to General Date from Long Time.
    Regards,

John A

Thanks

Thanks Ansentry,
    i was able to fix the date/time issue per your instructions.

I just wanted to say thanks for helping me out and teaching me at the same time.

You're Welcome, glad to be able to help.
    Regards,

John A