Unanswered: Access 2000 Import Wizard Problem

I am having a problem adding a new field to the import specification. It allows me to add it to the advance screen but when I save it disappears. Never had a problem like this in 97.

Hi,

Does it prompt for already exsists and to replace it.

No. I created the import specification, saved it, but it seems to have a size limitation as to the number of characters per row. Whenever, I try to add the additional fields, it looks like it is accepting them until I go to save. I save, then I go to the screen to finish the import, but the change did not save. I go back into the advance screen, and my changes are gone.

What type of field name is it?
    And when you say size limitations per row what do you mean?

Try look under spec and check if you a loadz of different spec files saved and If it the situation try to delete the unwanted ones!

This is what I have found so far. When I initially build the import spec and then save, it is fine. The problem occurs when I want to make a change say by adding an additional field. I add the new field to the import spec, save, go back to finish the import, the change disappears. I go back into the newly saved import spec, the change has disappeared. It will not accept any change to the original import spec. I am using Access 2000 and I'm thinking either I have a corrupted database or we haven't loading all of the releases.

Thanks for replying! I will let you know what I find out.

I would import the specifications into a blank database and try to change it. This should confirm whether or not the problem is related to a corrupt database.

In case you haven't done it before, choose import, choose the database and then press the Options button and you will see Import/Export Specs as a check box.

I had a co-worker try the same scenario on his machine--different database and different import spec. He actually built a new one, saved it, processed the import, came back in, tried to make a change, and it would not accept the change. As soon as you hit the save as button, the changes disappear. I'm thinking we must not have loaded all of the system releases or something.

Thanks!