Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1

    Unanswered: HELP: OCI/Oracle 8 problem with Internet Information Server

    I am in serious need of help ...

    I have a relatively simple program, written in VC 5, that I am trying
    to
    use as a CGI "script." This program connects to an Oracle database
    using
    the Oracle OCI calls.


    It was running succesfully on WINDOWS NT with oracle client 7.3.4 .Now
    when i upgrade the server to windows 2003 with oracle 8.1.7 client ,(I
    am not able to install oracle client 7.3.4 on windows 2003).


    The program fails when run through IIS with the following message:


    CGI Error
    The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete
    set of
    HTTP headers. This indicates that the program is not even starting.


    I built a simple test program to just display the HTML header. This
    works.


    In my earlier application the oracle library that was being linked was
    ora73.lib Which is the equivalent library file for oracle 8.1.7 .?? I
    tried linking with ociw32.lib as I found the reference corresponding to
    this file in another discussion forum. However, if I link in the Oracle
    library(ociw32.LIB), even though I don't call any of the functions,
    then it fails


    Is the library loading some DLLs
    before the program even starts? Is there some problem in doing that?


    I am lost . Please help. I am not even able to get much information on
    the net.Any suggestion would help

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Atlanta, GA USA
    Posts
    20
    CGI Error
    The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete
    set of
    HTTP headers. This indicates that the program is not even starting.
    This actually does not indicate that the program is not even starting. It means there was some error condition that your program is failing to correct for, and is breaking the CGI protocol by not returning the HTTP headers.

    I built a simple test program to just display the HTML header. This
    works.
    It isn't the HTML header (<head>) that it's complaining about. It's the HTTP headers "Content-type: text/foo".

    You should check your server's error logs to see what kind of error messages are being generated by your program. Try an IIS forum if you need more help with that.

    There's a good chance that this is not being caused by the Oracle libs at all.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •