Unanswered: Suspended RMAN Backup Job

An RMAN backup job scheduled under OEM, had been running all along till last week. It's now under suspended executions, and its status is "Suspended on Agent Unreachable". Since I don't know how to change this status, I scheduled a new job. It's also Suspended, under the same status. The listener is up and running, especially because the portal servers can still connect to the database so which agent might this be?

Which operating system and which version of Oracle? I suspect that the agent referred to is the Oracle Intelligent agent on the target database server. You would need to verify the status of this agent and/or restart it.

Regards,

hmscott

Quote Originally Posted by Nomthie
    An RMAN backup job scheduled under OEM, had been running all along till last week. It's now under suspended executions, and its status is "Suspended on Agent Unreachable". Since I don't know how to change this status, I scheduled a new job. It's also Suspended, under the same status. The listener is up and running, especially because the portal servers can still connect to the database so which agent might this be?
    Have you hugged your backup today?

how do I verify the status of the Oracle Intelligent Agent?