Hi Friends,

I am trying to connect to sql server 2000 using ASP & VB. The logic what i am using is as follows:

I have a VB componet which reads the Sqlserver name, user name and password. I have an INI file with the following details:

Server_Name = abc
User_Name = sa
Password = sa

In vb class i have a function which builds the connection string like the following:

mstrServerName = GetFromINI("SQL", "Server_Name", "", App.Path & "\ADOConnection.INI")
mstrServer_UserName = GetFromINI("SQL", "User_Name", "", App.Path & "\ADOConnection.INI")
mstrServer_Password = GetFromINI("SQL", "Password", "", App.Path

mobjConn.ConnectionString = "Provider=SQLOLEDB;Password='" & mstrServer_Password & "';User ID='" & mstrServer_UserName & "';Initial Catalog=ACDB;Data Source='" & mstrServerName & "';"

My ASP page will call this dll and gets connected to the sql server 2000.
I have sql server 2000 and ASP application running on different machines.

Now i have got the running setup working fine. But now we want to move our existing db to another server.(ex: abc system to bcd system).

so for that it's enough to change the Server_Name ,User_Name,Password in INI file. If i am trying to do that i am getting the following error:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server (0x80040111)[DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.

I am not able to find where the problem is. Can any one help me?

Thanks in advance.

Friendly,
Bharat.