On March 3 the SoftInform company released a new version of the system for full-text search and similar documents search SearchInform 2.0.
SearchInform 2.0 features a complete remake of the index creating process. This optimization trebled the speed of indexing large documents as compared to the previous versions (from 15 to 30 Gb/hour compared to 6 Gb/hour in version SearchInform 1.8).
In addition, SearchInform 2.0 has been completed with its own PDF-files parser (instead of the previously used Adobe Filter), as well as the ability to index and search in instant messengers logs ICQ 99-2005 Microsoft Messenger, and support of the MDB format.
Main Features of SearchInform:
- Phrasal search with account of morphology and the synonyms dictionary
- The new technology for searching similar documents SoftInform Search Technology
- High indexing speed (from 15 to 30 Gb/hour),
- Index size about 15-20% of the actual text information amount
- Support of over 50 widely used text file formats, Outlook and TheBat electronic messages, mp3 and avi tags, as well as ICQ 99-2005 andMicrosoft Messenger logs.
- Flawless operation with archives
- Universal data sources (indexing DBMS and various informational systems fields)