Thread: delete query

Unanswered: delete query

Ok, I have two tables one stores training my staff want to do (wish list) and the other contains training my have are booked on/ have already completed.

What I want to do is run a query that will find all occurances that appear in both tables and then delete them but i have no idea of where to start.... any ideas

Delete them from where? Both tables? To find them, run/make a query that returns matching criteria common to both tables (I leave it to you to determine what criteria that is) ... Your options for deletion are wide open after that ...
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

sorry i meant delete them from the wish list table.

Provided Answers: 1
    You would probably be better off putting a "completed" checkbox or completion date on the "wishlist" table. When an employee takes or completes the class, mark your checkbox/completiondate accordingly.
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy
    You would probably be better off putting a "completed" checkbox or completion date on the "wishlist" table. When an employee takes or completes the class, mark your checkbox/completiondate accordingly.
    Way to go Teddy, I was thinking the same thing exactly. You might someday need that old data. Later do a Query to Archive that data (Completed) to another table.

laterz
    BUD