Unanswered: SQL2005 Prb1 -Row cannot be located for updating. Some values may have been changed

hi ,
    I recently moved from SQL 2000 to SQL 2005.
    The client side is vb6 and using Dcom dll's hosted on the db server.

I have a table which has oninsert trigger
    When the recordset is updated in the com class it throws the foll error :
    "Row cannot be located for updating. Some values may have been changed since it was last read."
    The same code was working with SQL 2000 !!!
    Any clues.

implicit tran are off on the sql 2005 server.

Thanks in advance.

In front of the computer
    Provided Answers: 54
    My first guess is that something is wrong with your code, or possibly your data.

What you've done in this post is something like saying "My screwdriver works in my 2000 Toyota, but not in my 2005 Toyota. Do you know what is wrong?" in an automotive forum. We understand that you've got a problem, and that your problem involves two different vehicles made in two different years, but we don't understand exactly what you've tried, what results you've gotten, and what you expected. In other words, we have almost nothing to work with when we try to help you.

Please give us something more to work with, and I'm sure that someone will try to help... There isn't enough here for us to even start yet.

Provided Answers: 1
    For instance, what is the primary key for your dataset, is it declared as the primary key in the database, what sets that key, and could your code be either resetting the key or omitting it?
    If it's not practically useful, then it's practically useless.

blindman "sqlblindman"