Provided Answers: 1

Unanswered: Bulk conversion of Reports?

Hi. I have 10g installed on a W2K3 server - I am currently converting our old 6i reports to run on the new server, using the Oracle-supplied Reports Converter program, but this only allows me to convert one report at a time.

Am I missing something here? Surely there must be a way to convert more than one at a time? (Or have I discovered an untapped niche in the marketplace?)
    90% of users' problems can be resolved by punching them - the other 10% by switching off their PCs.

Is this a GUI or some command tool you can use (I have never converted reports myself; have only touched 6i reports so far) ?

I believe you already figured out where I am heading with this question..

The supplied tool is a GUI tool, accessed as a menu item on the desktop (it was installed in amongst the other Forms Service stuff), that only allows for one report at a time to be converted.

I have never touched Forms & Reports before, other than in a DBA role, & am converting the reports as instructed by our Software Supplier. They told me how to do it & they know of no other way, & I have no experience of this - hence my original question.

It just seems to be a time-consuming way to do this...
    90% of users' problems can be resolved by punching them - the other 10% by switching off their PCs.

Cool

Converting reports is NOT a DBA task -- leave it to the developers/programmers!

Otherwise look into winbatch to automate GUI tasks.
    The person who says it can't be done should not interrupt the person doing it. -- Chinese proverb

Converting reports is NOT a DBA task -- leave it to the developers/programmers!
    Well, funny you should say that, because that's exactly what I've done - I've gone back to the Project team & told them to sort it out between themselves & the software providers

(BTW, thanks for the link - it might come in handy for whoever converts the reports )