Question Unanswered: Merge Replication

Hello,

I am having a problem getting my merge replication to work out. I am wanting to make it where the merge happens on demand. I have tried to run replmerg through cmd prompt and I get the error 'The subscription to publication [namehere] has expired or does not exist.' I have had no problems running the merge agent within Enterprise Manager. I have thought of running windows sync manager but I do not want my people to have to type a password in everytime they need to sync. I am running the whole replication process through FTP. I am in desperate need of help. Anything would be great!

Thanks

Hi,
    let me know the problem,
    1) the sync run ok the first time? (or another moment), the snapshot, you configure the tfp ok, etc???

2) in the publication properties, general tab, have a option "subscriber expired and may be dropped.... bla bla bla", select "Susbcription never expire.... bla bla..",

3) The windows sync manager ever need the password, I don't know how save the user and password, when you use a sql login, if you use a windows login no problem.

check the 2 and tell me.

Saludos
    Abel.

Quote Originally Posted by panacorey
    Hello,

I am having a problem getting my merge replication to work out. I am wanting to make it where the merge happens on demand. I have tried to run replmerg through cmd prompt and I get the error 'The subscription to publication [namehere] has expired or does not exist.' I have had no problems running the merge agent within Enterprise Manager. I have thought of running windows sync manager but I do not want my people to have to type a password in everytime they need to sync. I am running the whole replication process through FTP. I am in desperate need of help. Anything would be great!

Thanks

First of all thanks for your attempt to help me..

To answer your questions...
    1) the sync ran ok the first time. snapshot was generated and the ftp is configured correctly.

2) I made sure that the subscriber never expires.

3) I cannot have windows authenication enabled because I am doing this through the internet, so I have to use SQL Server authenication. If you know a way to make windows authenication work, then by all means let me know.

It will work fine through enterprise manager, but when I try to run the replmerg through command prompt, I get the error that I stated before.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by achiola
    Hi,
    let me know the problem,
    1) the sync run ok the first time? (or another moment), the snapshot, you configure the tfp ok, etc???

2) in the publication properties, general tab, have a option "subscriber expired and may be dropped.... bla bla bla", select "Susbcription never expire.... bla bla..",

3) The windows sync manager ever need the password, I don't know how save the user and password, when you use a sql login, if you use a windows login no problem.

check the 2 and tell me.

Saludos
    Abel.

ok, work fine through enterprise and syn manager, but no work through, what is the full command?
    thanks
    abel.

here you go...

values have been modified... for privacy

cd \Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\80\COM\
    replmerg -Publisher publishername -PublisherDB publisherdb -Publication publicationname -Subscriber subscribername -SubscriberDB subscriberdb -Distributor distributor -DistributorLogin [login] -DistributorPassword [pass]

Quote Originally Posted by achiola
    ok, work fine through enterprise and syn manager, but no work through, what is the full command?
    thanks
    abel.