Unanswered: Interbase Alias problem on XP

I am not able to open Interbase tables with Paradox 9, installed on XP computers (everything works on Win2000).

Alias can be tested with alias manager, but selecting them to open table have no effect - it keeps previous alias.

Thanks.

I am just guessing but suspect you are using XP SP2, if so it's a known issue certainly with Pdx10 and 11. Corel provided a patch for Pdx11 but not for any earlier versions.

Regards
    Jonathan

Thanks,

Then I am out of luck. Yes, it is SP2. Even have no idea how to buy Paradox without all the office.

In short, you cannot buy Paradox without buying the whole Pdox suite.

However, if you are using Paradox to open tables on Interbase, whilst you cannot open the table directly using File -> Open -> Table you could create a form a link this to the table within the alias, or better still create a query that retrieves the rows you want from the table attach this into a datamodel on a form and attach the query in your datamodel to a tableframe.

Regards
    Jonathan

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathanwri73
    you could create a form a link this to the table within the alias, or better still create a query that retrieves the rows you want from the table attach this into a datamodel on a form and attach the query in your datamodel to a tableframe.
    Sorry, this one I did not understand. I think, queries also do not work.

Actually, I am using Paradox only for queries to change Interbase data, like a, changeto a+1. Strange, but I haven't figured out how to do it otherwise, like with sql query. Also, I can quickly copy faulty data to Excel , modify and then paste back in Interbase table, something which I also do not know how to do otherwise.
    Now it seems that will need to keep one computer with Win2k for this reason, unfortunately they all come with XP now.